Six Differences Between OneGreatFamily And Other Online Family Tree Collections
OneGreatFamily is unique from all other genealogical services available today. Other online family tree collections are just collections of trees. Each user works on his or her individual tree, manually searching all the other trees in the collection to try to find ancestors. Some services actually try to go a step further by finding and cross linking all the other trees that contain a common ancestor. This makes it easier for you to manually compare the trees that have that ancestor in them.
In the end, you are left with the enormous task of reviewing all your ancestors individually in all the other trees. You must then decide which ancestors to bring into your individual family tree and which ones to leave out.
However, OneGreatFamily is very different from all other genealogy services. Here is what makes OneGreatFamily unique:
1. OneGreatFamily automatically merges two family trees together into one when it finds the exact same person in both. You can then zoom-in and see the information added. The separate work of several submitters is often chained together creating a massive family tree. Users who tie into the core of our family tree through a match often gain hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of ancestors.
2. OneGreatFamily identifies and eliminates all duplicated data within our family tree automatically through our exclusive technology. This saves you a lot of time, while also making it easier to research your family tree by condensing hundreds or thousands of duplicates down to a single record.
3. OneGreatFamily searches 24-hours a day for you, comparing every person you’ve added against everybody else in the tree to see if they are the same person. Whether you add 5, 500 or 5,000 names, including all names uploaded in a GEDCOM, OneGreatFamily will do all the search work for you. This saves you the time and effort of conducting these searches manually. OneGreatFamily often finds information for people or family lines you aren’t even researching right now.
4. OneGreatFamily searches for your ancestors, utilizing our patent-pending Genealogy Handprint™ technology. We have discovered that, just as a fingerprint is a unique identifier for a person, a genealogy "handprint", as we call it, is also a unique genealogical identifier. This special handprint is made up of a person and their immediate family connections. Handprint matching is far more accurate than manual searching on just names, dates, and places. It also makes it more likely you will find additional ancestors.
5. OneGreatFamily preserves everybody's unique view of our universal family tree. When there are differences of opinion, OneGreatFamily maintains all those differences, and allowing each person to see each version and choose the one he or she determines to be correct for their personal family tree. Your data is safe with us. Nobody can change your view of the tree without your consent, but everyone can see your version, collaborate with you to find out why you think your version is right, and accept your view if they choose to.
6. OneGreatFamily automatically identifies those places in your family tree where other people have information different from yours and helps you zoom in and resolve those differences quickly and easily. Collaboration is built right into the system to help resolve differences. Genealogy is less effective when done in isolation. At OneGreatFamily, you are always working in a collaborative environment. You can easily see, collaborate with, and gain the benefit of the work of others.