How To Find Other Members Working On Your Family Lines
One key feature of OneGreatFamily is the ability for members to meet and communicate with other members who share common ancestors. Collaboration is a very powerful tool to your genealogy work.
Here are instructions on how to find and collaborate with your distant cousins.
First you will need to login to OneGreatFamily, then follow these steps:
1. Go to the Family Tree tab.
2. On the Family Tree tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Advanced Tree Editor" button.
3. The Genealogy Browser will automatically launch or you'll be prompted to install the Genealogy Browser.
4. Once the Genealogy Browser is open and displaying your tree, click on the Selected Individual you wish to collaborate about.
5. The Individual Details box will open showing the information for the person you clicked on.
6. Click the "Collaborate" button in the bottom left.
7. The "Collaborate with others" window will open with the Owners tab selected by default.
8. Notice the white box on the Owners tab. This box lists all the other OneGreatFamily users who are also working on this individual.
9. Click the little plus sign next to a group in the white box. The group will expand to show the usernames of everyone in that group. These are the actual people working on this individual. (A group is just a way of organizing users.)
10. Click on one of the usernames in the group.
11.The User Info fields will now automatically fill with the Name and Email of that OneGreatFamily user. 12. You can either click the send button or copy and paste the email address into your email program of choice to contact this person.