How To Make The Most Out Of Your Family Reunion
Summer is a popular time for family reunions. This year at your family reunion make it mean so much more by working together on a gift for future generations: your family tree. Enrich your family gatherings by sharing your family history. Here are a few suggestions:
BEFORE YOU GET TOGETHER:
1. Collaborate with OneGreatFamily members: You probably have ancestors in your family tree that you know nothing about but names and dates. Other members of OneGreatFamily might have stories or other interesting facts about your ancestors. Collaborate with other members to find more details to share when your family gets together.
2. Work on Your Family Tree: Try to find information on an ancestor that is a brick wall in your genealogy. Visit other websites to see if you can take a line back to the next generation. Adding more information will increase your success at OneGreatFamily and give you interesting information to share with your family when you get together.
3. Email Your Family Tree to Family Members: Get other family members excited about genealogy by emailing all the hard work you have done.
WHEN YOU GET TOGETHER:
1. Collaborate with Your Family: Talk to your family members about your family tree. Get them to open up and share stories and facts about your ancestors. Be sure to write down the information your gather or, better yet, with their permission you might video or audio tape the discussions.
2. Invite Other Family Members to Join Your Group: Personally invite other family members to join your group. The more the merrier! Having their help will accelerate your genealogy quest. When other family members join your group, each will see the family tree from their own perspective. This means that each group member can see their own individual efforts to the family tree. It also means that each member has the ability to accept hints and conflicts on behalf of the entire group. Working within a group is an excellent idea for any small circle of people who are sharing the same genealogy records. Group work is ideal for family organizations who want to assign different family members to work on different parts of the family tree.
** If any of the individuals you invite choose to become subscribers, you will get a free month added to your subscription as our way of saying “thanks” for spreading the word about our great service. Those you invite only need to enter your username in the space provided when signing up for their own subscriptions
AFTER THE GET TOGETHER:
1. Enter the information you gained into OneGreatFamily. That way the information is available for access by distant family members around the world. Also, it will be safe and secure and available to future generations as well.
At OneGreatFamily we have strong feelings about the joy and family unity that can come from working together on your family tree. Invite your family and friends to join you as well at OneGreatFamily to get excited about their genealogy.