What is OneGreatFamily?
OneGreatFamily is a cooperative effort between you and the rest of the world. It is an online genealogical service which allows everyone to combine their knowledge and data to build one huge, shared database. OneGreatFamily is more than a simple collection of different family trees. Using breakthrough technology, OneGreatFamily is actually linking all of the family trees together into one great family.
What this means to you:
With the world working together on one database, each individual is able to leverage the effort and research of all OneGreatFamily users rather than wasting time duplicating research that others have already done.
OneGreatFamily is All You Need
OneGreatFamily is also the most technologically-advanced online records management software tool. This means you can view, share, explore and extend your genealogy online at OneGreatFamily without needing to buy additional desktop software. (Average genealogy software is about $50.00)
"They say some day all the software we will ever use will be on the Internet rather than in our PC's. This philosophy has just become a reality for the genealogical community. OneGreatFamily.com, is the next step - possibly the ultimate step - in placing family trees on the Internet." - Gary Mokotoff (Publisher of works on Genealogy)
How It Works
Getting Started at OneGreatFamily
You can begin to do your genealogy at OneGreatFamily.com in one of two ways:
- Upload a GEDCOM - begin viewing and working with your genealogy in ways never before possible.
- Start by entering names - begin with yourself and start going back, person by person, as far as you can go. (The more information you enter, the more likely OneGreatFamily will find new information for you.)
You, along with people all over the world are constantly adding new data to the database. Each time new information is added the system processes the data using OneGreatFamily's exclusive "handprint technology" looking for the following results:
- Is there existing data in the database that will help the submitter? If so, the submitter will see Gen-BulbTM icons in their pedigree next to the names that can be added to their genealogy.
- Will data entered by the submitter help anyone else in the database? If so, every individual that is helped by the submitter will see Gen-BulbsTM in their pedigree next to the names that can be added to their genealogy.
- Is there any conflicting data with the submitter and any other user? If so, each user will see a Gen-BoltTM icon next to the name in their pedigree that contains conflicting information so they can collaborate to correct the data.
Because the database is growing everyday, you may login during lunch and find new information waiting for you that wasn't there during breakfast!
About Our Technology
- OneGreatFamily was over 3 years in the making
- 3 Patents have been filed based on OneGreatFamily's technology
- Uses relationships or "handprint technology" to link family trees into one great family
- Facilitates a cooperative worldwide effort, thus eliminating duplication of effort and research
- Introduces the following exclusive features:
- One shared, worldwide database
- Genealogy BrowserTM
- Interactive GenealogyTM
- Gen-Bulb indicators for hints from other users
- Gen-Bolt indicators for conflicts with other users
- Genealogy ZoomTM
- View unlimited number of generations at once (subscribers only)
- Shared multimedia, notes, research, biographies and citations
- Ability to store the records of every identifiable person in the world
- Ability to handle hundreds of thousands of concurrent users