OneGreatFamily Affiliate Program
Terms & Conditions
Please read the following agreement and then click the JOIN button above to continue and apply.
This Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to your participation in the OneGreatFamily Affiliate Program.
As used in this agreement, "we" means OneGreatFamily and its Affiliate Program, and "you" means the applicant and its employees.
Enrollment in the Program
To begin the enrollment process, you will complete and submit the Affiliate Program Information Sheet below. We will then evaluate your application.
Your application may be rejected if at our discretion if we determine your site to be unsuitable, including but not limited to those that:
- promote sexually explicit materials
- promote violence
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- promote illegal activities
- violate intellectual property rights
Links on Your Site
Once your site has been accepted to the program, you will receive a tracking code and URL specific to your site. We will also provide you with banner(s) or link(s) for placement on your site. The banner ads must be reproduced faithfully, without alteration, and must be promptly removed upon termination of your participation in our Affiliate Program for any reason.
You must register all sites that will include the OneGreatFamily affiliate link with the Affiliate Manager prior to placement of the link. Visitors to your site must clearly understand that clicking on the OneGreatFamily approved links will take the visitor to OneGreatFamily.com.
We will provide you with technical specifications describing how to include the links on your site. You may not represent OneGreatFamily, or use its trademarks, logos or other branding in any manner other than providing approved links or Approved Content. Approved Content is content regarding data points (number of databases, number of names, etc.) on OneGreatFamily.com. This approved content must be kept up-to-date.
Please take special care when linking to our site so that we can ensure proper reporting for all our Affiliates.
Upon notification of your acceptance into our Affiliate Program and during the period of your authorized participation, you may identify yourself as an Affiliate Program participant and may post our banner ads or links on your site. You and we are independent contractors, and nothing in this agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between us. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf. You may not in any manner misrepresent the relationship between us and you or express or imply any relationship or affiliation between us and you or any other person or entity except as expressly permitted by this Agreement.
Do not include Price information in your link to OneGreatFamily.com, as we cannot guarantee a certain price for subscriptions.
We will be responsible for subscriptions placed by customers who follow links from your site to OneGreatFamily.com. This means we will handle all issues pertaining to the subscriptions that are a result of a link to your site. This includes all billing and customer service, including cancellation and renewal of subscriptions.
During the term of your participation, we will pay you a percentage of the posted subscription rates for all new paid subscriptions trackable from your site. 'Bad debt' (nonpayment of subscription) will be absorbed by OneGreatFamily, and Affiliate will not receive commission.
The commission schedule is broken down into 8 tiers, based upon volume of subscription sales per month.
- 25% Rate for 1 to 4 Subscriptions per month
- 30% Rate for 5 to 9 Subscriptions per month
- 35% Rate for 10-29 Subscriptions per month
- 40% Rate for 30-49 Subscriptions per month
- 45% Rate for 50-99 Subscriptions per month.
- 55% Rate for 100-199 Subscriptions per month.
- 65% Rate for 200-299 Subscriptions per month.
- 75% Rate for 300+ Subscriptions per month.
Subscriptions to OneGreatFamily.com run anywhere from $9.95 per month to $74.95 per year.
Payments will be made Monthly, based on subscriptions and enrollments paid during the calendar month, (net 30 days) in U.S. dollars for Affiliates who have earned $25.00 in commission. Commissions under $25.00 will be held until the next payment period, in which the Affiliate's account reaches $25.00. There is no interest paid on Affiliate accounts.
To generate a referral payment, the customer must follow the link (in approved format from your site to OneGreatFamily.com and purchase a subscription using our methods for subscribing. We do not pay referral payments on renewing subscriptions.
Revenue will only be shared based on qualified customers. Qualified customers are all subscribers who have been billed and all annual subscribers who have been billed and have not cancelled their subscriptions during the 30-day subscription trial period.
Customers who subscribe through this Program will be deemed to be customers of OneGreatFamily. Accordingly, all OneGreatFamily rules, policies, and operating procedures in effect at the time will apply to those customers. This includes rules, policies, and procedures concerning customer orders and customer service. You may not alter or purport to alter these terms.
Responsibility for Your Site
You will be solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of your site at your sole cost and expense and for all materials that appear on your site.
(a) Spamming - is strictly prohibited. For the purposes of this Agreement, spamming shall be defined as the sending out of email messages to email addresses which the Affiliate has purchased or has harvested/collected from the Internet or otherwise, which email addresses have been obtained without the consent of the recipient. In addition, for email marketing done to "Permission Based" email lists, defined as your house list of subscribers, customers or other consumers who have requested to receive mailings from you, all affiliates/partners must also abide by the 'Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003', or the 'CAN-SPAM Act of 2003'. The practice of spamming and/or infringement of the Can-Spam Act of 2003 is a violation of our Policies and Procedures, and we will take action at its sole discretion against Affiliates engaging in spamming or non-compliant mailings. In the event investigation reveals that spamming did occur, OneGreatFamily may at is option, terminate the Affiliate's account in accordance with our termination policy.
(b) Permission based emailing must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act. There are 3 primary rules that will be strictly enforced:
1. Email address must have been obtained with permission
2. Every email sent must have the actual business address listed in the email
3. Every "bulk" email sent must have an "Unsubscribe" link that works
Please read entire Act to be informed of all the details: ' Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003', or the 'CAN-SPAM Act of 2003'.
Keyword or Pay Per Click (PPC) Policy
1. Allowed Search Engines
Bidding is allowed on Google, Yahoo, and MSN with a few restrictions listed herein.
Bidding on all other search engines is permitted with no restrictions.
2. OneGreatFamily.com Trademarks
- Affiliates may bid on OneGreatFamily.com trademark terms on Google, Yahoo, and MSN including the international versions of all three. The maximum bid permitted on trademark terms is 15 cents USD ($.15).
- There are no trademark restrictions on other Pay Per Click search engines including ASK, Find What, etc.
- Affiliates MAY NOT use www.OneGreatFamily.com in the display URL at any PPC search engine. Alternative spellings of our domain name are not permitted as well including but not limited to www.OneGreatFamily.net, www.OneGreatFamily.org, etc. See direct linking policy below for additional information.
- Affiliates are permitted to use OneGreatFamily.com trademarks in the URL to the right of the domain in the display URL. Example: www.yoursite.com/onegreatfamily.
- Affiliates may not imply any unique or special recognition (ex. "Official Site") or relationship with (ex. "Authorized Partner") OneGreatFamily.com without prior written agreement from OneGreatFamily.com, nor can Affiliates represent that your advertisement is from OneGreatFamily.com in anyway.
- OneGreatFamily.com terms include all of the following and any potential misspellings not shown here:
One Great Family
3. Direct to Merchant / Landing Pages
- Direct to Merchant bidding is permitted on Google, Yahoo, and MSN so long as our domain is not used as the display URL. Direct to Merchant is defined as any PPC advertisement that goes through an affiliate link direct to www.OneGreatFamily.com instead of to an affiliate landing page.
- Domain misspellings are not allowed in the display URL for direct to merchant advertising including but not limited to www.OneGreatFamily.net, www.OneGreatFamily.org, etc.
- Affiliates bidding on OneGreatFamily.com trademarks may not use a landing page that includes advertisements for competitors. Example - An affiliate bids on the term "OneGreatFamily.com". The landing page must be entirely dedicated to OneGreatFamily.com and must not have "other offer" type marketing verbiage showing competitor offers. This does not apply to affiliates who do not bid on trademark keywords.
- Geo-Targeting is allowed on all search engines so long as all policies regarding display URL are followed.
- Geo-Targeting to avoid enforcement of the OneGreatFamily.com PPC Policy is strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate removal and reversal of all commissions up to 30 days prior to the date of the PPC violation.
- International Geo-Targeting is allowed so long as the advertisement is truthful in OneGreatFamily.com international policies.
- International affiliates may not use an OneGreatFamily.com display URL on any search engine including but not limited to www.OneGreatFamily.com, www.OneGreatFamily.co.uk, www.OneGreatFamily.ca, and any related misspellings.
5. Ad copy restrictions
- Truth in advertising - All affiliates are required to be truthful about any advertisement representing OneGreatFamily.com including information surrounding discounts or sales offers.
- Do not represent your advertisement as an official OneGreatFamily.com endorsed advertisement or site.
6. Exclusions, Penalties, and Notifications
- OneGreatFamily.com reserves the right to exclude any or all of our PPC policy for individual affiliates at our sole discretion.
- Excluded affiliates will be required to agree via signed contract to any exclusion permitted herein. Do not assume exclusion via verbal or written communication.
- Affiliates will receive one warning and be given 72 business hours to comply with any PPC violations. A 2nd violation will result in termination of the affiliate relationship and may be cause for reversal of past commissions earned up to 30 days prior to the 2nd violation. See section below for the exception to this policy.
- Affiliates found using Geo-Targeting features at search engines to avoid enforcement of the OneGreatFamily.com PPC Policy will be immediately removed from the OneGreatFamily.com affiliate program, have all commissions reversed up to 30 days prior to the violation date, and be immediately reported to the Affiliate Network for investigation.
- From time to time, OneGreatFamily.com may review the PPC policy for changes in the way search engines operate or changes in OneGreatFamily.com's philosophy. Any changes made to the PPC Policy will be announced via the OneGreatFamily.com affiliate newsletter and posted on the OneGreatFamily.com website. Affiliates will be given no less than 7 business days to comply with any new PPC terms before a 1st violation will be cited on the affiliates account.
Violations of the OneGreatFamily.com PPC Policy may be reported to OGFaffiliates@OneGreatFamily.com. Please have all applicable proof in your email including but not limited to screen shots of the ad, geographical location of the ad, URL/Network tracking information, and search engine where the ad was found.
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Program or any subscriptions or services sold through the Program. In addition, we make no representation that the operation of our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
We will not be liable for indirect, special or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits, or data) arising in connection with this Agreement or the Program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, our aggregate liability arising with respect to this Agreement and the Program will not exceed the total referral fees paid or payable to you under this Agreement.
This Agreement has been made in and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with Utah law. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Salt Lake City. You may not assign this Agreement without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement.
Terms and Conditions of the Agreement
The term of this Agreement will begin upon our acceptance of your Program application and will end when terminated by either party. Either you or we may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice of termination. We may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement at any time by email notice to you. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate this agreement. Your continued participation following receipt of a change notice shall constitute binding acceptance of the change.
You are only eligible to earn referral payments on subscriptions purchased during the term of the Agreement. Payments earned through the date of termination will only remain payable only if the subscription is not cancelled. We may withhold your final payment for a reasonable time to ensure that the correct amount is paid.
OneGreatFamily.com may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Agreement or the Service, including the availability of any service feature, database, or other content. We also reserve the right to modify any portion of this Agreement.
If any portion of this agreement or any future modifications to this agreement are unacceptable to the affiliate, or cause the affiliate to no longer be in compliance with the affiliate agreement, the affiliate or OneGreatFamily.com may cancel the agreement. An Affiliate's continued use of the service constitutes a binding acceptance by the affiliate.
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and have independently evaluated the desirability of participating in this program and are not relying on any representation, guarantee, or statement other than set forth in this agreement.
Updated March 2009